|Celebrate Cinco de Mayo by giving our delicious Horchata recipe a try!
This recipe makes enough for 6 servings.
Calories: 191 per serving.
- 1 1/3 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups Water , divided
- 1 1/2 cups Milk or Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup Sugar , to taste
- To a blender, add rice, 2 cups of water, and 2 cinnamon sticks.
- Blend about for 2 minutes or until the rice and cinnamon sticks are roughly ground. Add the remaining water and blend again.
- Pour contents into a pitcher or container with a fitted lid and place on your countertop overnight (or for at least 8 hours).
- Pour the rice mixture into a fine mesh strainer, into a pitcher. Discard the rice.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and sugar (to your preference). Chill until ready to serve. Stir well before serving and serve over ice.