Spice up your holiday party with this delicious recipe for Spike Mocha-Orange Eggnog. Take that traditional eggnog and add some amazing flavor to it! Your guests will be pleasantly surprised.
This recipe makes 2 quarts of eggnog.
12 Ounces Milk
12 Ounces Heavy Cream
4 Ounces Knob Creek Bourbon
4 Egg Yolks
½ Cup Sugar
3 Cinnamon Sticks
1 Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
1 Orange, zest only
1. Combine the yolks and the sugar in a mixing bowl
2. Heat the heavy cream, orange zest, milk, cinnamon sticks and vanilla bean
3. Add the warm milk mixture to the yolk and sugar mixture
4. Cook over a water bath until 170 degrees
5. Add the bourbon and let steep for 30 minutes
6. Strain and chill to serve