Try this recipe for the perfect Smashed Baked Potato!
It is simple to prepare and delicious every time.
Keep in mind this recipe is enough for one full meal or a side item for 2 people.
1 each Large Idaho Potato
1t kosher salt
1/4t black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green onion, minced
1oz chicken stock
1. Clean the potato.
2. Make 5 slices in the potato lengthwise.
The slices should be evenly spaced around the potato and go about 3/4's of an inch deep from top to bottom.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the minced garlic and green onions.
4. Place the potato in a bowl and pour half the melted butter mixture over the potato.
5. Add the salt and pepper and rub well onto the potato.
6. Wrap the potato completely in foil.
7. Bake the potato for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until tender to the touch.
8. Add the 1oz of chicken stock to the reserved butter mixture and heat.
9. Remove the potato from the foil and gently press down so the potato crumbles slightly and the white potato is exposed.
10. Pour the butter mixture over the top and serve.