Warm yourself up with this delicious Butternut Squash Soup recipe!
1 Quart Roasted Butternut Squash (about 2 medium squash)
1 oz Butter
1/4 lb yellow onion, chopped
1 Granny Smith Apple, chopped
1 Quart Apple Cider
1 Cup Heavy Cream
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/8 Teaspoon Ground Clove
Salt and Pepper to taste
*Bonus Tip*: To roast your butternut squash, split the squash length wise and scoop out the seeds.
Lay the two pieces face down on an oiled pan and roast for about 1 hour until soft.
1. Heat the butter in a heavy bottom sauce pan and sweat the onions and apple
2. Add the apple cider and reduce by half
3. Add the chicken stock, spices and squash
4. Simmer for 30 minutes
5. Add the heavy cream and simmer for 10 more minutes
7. Season to taste with salt and pepper