This is our recipe for the perfect mac and cheese. This mac and cheese recipe is great by itself or as a base to add other ingredients. Beyond the Box is one of the premier Dallas caterers. This recipe is part of our weekly special. Try it at home or have it catered and delivered to your home or office.
For the Sauce
2 oz Butter
2 oz Flour
2 cups Whole Milk
1/4 t Garlic Powder
1/4 t Onion Powder
1/2 t Salt
1/4 t White Pepper
- In a heavy bottomed pot, melt the butter and add the flour. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cold milk and spices and whisk over low hear for 8 minutes.
For the Mac and Cheese
5 oz Raw Pasta
2 oz Cheddar Cheese Shredded
2 oz Parmesan Cheese, Grated
2 oz Gruyere Cheese Grated
Zest of 1/2 Lemon
1/4 cup Japanese breadcrumbs
1 T Butter
- Cook the pasta and drain
- Fold the hot pasta together with the sauce, cheese and zest
- Adjust salt and pepper seasoning if needed
- Melt the butter and mix with breadcrumbs
- Place the pasta in a baking dish and top with breadcrumbs
- Bake at 350 until the breadcrumbs are golden brown 20-25 minutes
Try this recipe from Beyond the Box, one of the premier Dallas caterers, for the perfect Smashed Baked Potato. It is simple to prepare and delicious every time. Keep in mind this recipe is enough for one full meal or a side item for 2 people.
1 each 50 count (large) Idaho Potato
1t kosher salt
1/4t black pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
1 green onion, minced
1oz chicken stock
1. Clean the potato.
2. Make 5 slices in the potato lengthwise. The slices should be evenly spaced around the potato and go about 3/4's of an inch deep from top to bottom.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the minced garlic and green onions.
4. Place the potato in a bowl and pour half the melted butter mixure over the potato.
5. Add the salt and pepper and rub well onto the potato.
6. Wrap the potato completely in foil.
7. Bake the potato for 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until tender to the touch.
8. Add the 1oz of chicken stock to the reserved butter mixture and heat.
9. Remove the potato from the foil and gently press down so the potato crumbles slightly and the white potato is exposed.
10. Pour the butter mixture over the top and serve.
Beyond the Box is proud to be one of the top Dallas caterers. For a little change of pace, try this awesome recipe for BBQ meatballs from Beyond the Box Catering. Try these meatballs is our weekly special and have them catered to your home or office. We deliver!
BBQ Beef Brisket Meatballs
For the Meatballs:
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 4 oz Yellow Onion Chopped Finely
- 1/2 oz Garlic Minced
- 1.25 lbs Groung Beef
- 1.25 lbs Ground Pork
- 1/2 Cup BBQ Sauce
- 1/2 lb Fine Bread Crumbs
- 3 Eggs
- 1.5 t Garlic Powder
- 1.5 t Onion Powder
- 1 T Kosher Salt
- 1.5 t Black Pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saute pan and sweat the onions and garlic
- In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the salt, pepper and spices
- Combine all ingredients unitl mixed well
- Measure into 2 oz balls and roll tighly
For the Cooking Liquid
- 2 Cups BBQ Sauce
- 1 Cup Water
- Place the meatballs in a single layer in a shallow pan.
- Cover with the cooking liquid and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until completely cooked in the center
Try this great winter recipe for Butternut Squash Soup.